Sunday, November 17, 2013

I just posted my delight in recently finding ducks (and other water-fowl) in the desert near here!   The place of which I speak is a wetlands, with ponds, bull-rushes and other lush water-plants, and paths winding through it all, made possible by the creative use of human waste by the local water purification plant. Here is what it looks like.

                       
As I walked through this park, I was musing thusly:

I wonder what sort of purification process I/we/you  need in order to turn our--um--(you know the words for human waste!)
stinky, dis-ease carrying thoughts/attitudes/words   into fertile, life-giving substance?

What works for me?
Well, gratitude, for one.  And not just for what it is easy to be grateful for.
Gratitude for the trials, the struggles, the pain---all of it.
And, encouraging myself and others, when it would be so easy to be nothing but critical, to "let something good be said."
And this:  to expand the Golden Rule to not only doing to others as I would want them to do to me, but even thinking and speaking of others as I would want them to think and speak of me.

I thought of all the you-know-what that would purify.  And it looked pretty good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment