Monday, May 31, 2010

what to do with elephant poo


Now I have never actually seen elephant poo. But I can imagine it.
And sometimes things have happened in my life that do look, feel, and smell like a big plop of elephant poo messing things up royally!
These roses, believe it or not, are made of paper made of elephant poo by very clever and enterprising people in southeast Asia. My daughter sent them to me for Mother's Day with the note "Forever roses for my forever Mom." Nice. Funny. Inspiring.
After all, if people can make something lovely in such a clever, resourceful way out of something else that seems like nothing but a big smelly mess to clean up, can't I do the same?
Instead of bewailing the mess sitting in the middle of my life, why not get creative and see if I can make something good and beautiful out of it. Not easy, I know. But possible. But how?
Ponder how the present form of the mess could be recreated into another form.
Ponder how to see the possibilities.
Ask other people for their ideas, and perhaps their help.
It takes time....but its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment