Monday, February 9, 2009

Its a sleepy day



     Okay, all you who live in the frozen north.  It is your turn to gloat about the weather!
Today here in "sunny" Arizona it snowed and slushed and rained and only got into the mid 30's.  I took Leo, the dog, out for a walk and came back with my boots soaked and my feet wet and freezing.  I hear that tomorrow it will be in the sixties in Chicago and low 40s and more rain here.Which makes it an excellent time to curl up with the dog and a good book by the fireplace and put on some good music, and enjoy being inside for a change!
     Speaking of good books,  Rachel (my daughter and spiritual director) is here visiting from L.A. and brought me the book  The Man Who Tapped the Secrets of the Universe by Glenn Clark.  I first read Glenn Clark when I was 18 and in Nigeria!   And now, all these years later, here he is again, in the form of another book.  I enjoyed him then, and I enjoyed reading him today.  His book "The Soul's Sincere Desire" is a classic.  The one I read long ago, "I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes" got me started along the track of thinking that I now recognize as that called "New Thought."  I enjoy pursuing this line of thought, and although I think it, like all others, has some flaws, it also has some very worthwhile and inspiring things to say.  I can attest that the ones I have actually applied in my life really do work in wonderful ways. 
     And speaking of good music, I have been listening to some CD's I purchased here in Sedona by Ani Williams, a marvelous harpist who has played in some of the great sacred sites of the world.   If you google her you will find a lot of interesting stuff, and ways to order her CD's if you choose.  Right now I am listening to the one called  "Shemah--the Calling."  Its enchanting!
      Upon reflection,  being inside by the fire with a beloved dog, a good book, and beautiful music is a great way to spend a day.   And tonight I will end it by knitting awhile on a prayer shawl I am making for a friend.  That makes a good evening prayer.   
      So, whatever the weather where you are today or tomorrow, or the next,  consider it a blessing, and enjoy where you are!
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment