Thursday, January 30, 2014

I finished this pastel two days ago.  When John saw it he said, "It looks like Machu Pichu!" There is a resemblance. I have seen this red rock mountain often on hikes I take in the seven canyons area near here, and I never made that connection--which goes to show how often we can miss what is obvious to others.  And we see what they are missing.  Clearly, many perspectives are likely to see reality more fully.  It seems wise to value perspectives different than our own, rather than dismiss them, as happens too often in religious and political discourse especially, but also in personal arenas.  

Here is the poem that came to me as I pondered this pastel:

Red rock mountain
pyramid of mystery
guardian of the land

Many other eyes
have gazed at your majesty
seeing what I do not 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pastel painting and poem. I agree with John. It does resemble Macho Pichu, Hope you and John are doing well. I wish that we could be in Sedona, too. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth….hope you are feeling well these days.
      many blessings to you and all you love marty

      Delete