Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The first time I walked the Willow Loop Trail near here, I thought this structure was a barrier preventing my going further.  I assumed it was a way of marking the end of the trail.  So I turned around and retraced my steps back to the trail head.  The next time I walked this trail, I was in a mood to continue.  A closer look revealed this to be a horse gate, and I could easily wind my way through it to take the rest of the loop trail, which led me to an enchanted forest! 
Huge old growth trees…a white moon hanging over a gorgeous white sycamore tree…a beautiful old stump-sculpture…a snake-branch…and much more.  What a great metaphor for the way we often allow obstacles to stop us from going further on a pathway of life that might lead to wonders…  And often what we thought was an obstacle was just a test of our determination to go forward.  I am glad I kept going!  (see pics below)




No comments:

Post a Comment