Monday, March 3, 2014


Here are three images of a rose, all of them my images, meaning, that I took a picture of a rose blooming by a big rock wall;  I did a pastel based on that picture; and then I took a picture of the pastel which also reflected me.  That's profound, isn't it?  I mean, each of us perceives something(or someone, or some event) as an image in our own unique way.  And then we re-create it in some way, even if only in our psyche.  Perhaps we then reflect on it, and even share it in some way. We are truly intertwined with it. Obviously then,  no one's perceptions and images of what we like to call "reality"  are quite the same, and the more we make them our own, the more of ourselves go into them.  How true the well known statement "We do not see things as they are; we see them as we are."  
No wonder it is often so hard for us to understand, really understand, one another!  And how foolish for any of us to claim that our particular image/perceptions of reality is The Right One, and all others err in some way.
All of this, it seems to me, is cause for cultivating the virtue of HUMILITY!


No comments:

Post a Comment