Tuesday, March 11, 2014


My dear daughter Janelle just left after nearly a week with us out here.
She leaves a big empty space.  Her presence with us is always such a gift.
I sent her home with these two bags (pictured above) for her and her husband Thomas.  I knitted and crocheted them to be Appreciation Bags.  Inside each bag I tucked a small gift and a note which told each of them some of the many things I appreciate about them.   It was a long list and could have been a lot longer.
The bags are on the glass table on our deck overlocking the red rock mountains.
They glowing in the Arizona sunshine and I hope the glow goes with them back to snowy Chicago!
I suggested to Janelle that she could keep the bag and put notes of what/who she appreciates in her life inside the bag and every now and then take out the notes/cards to have an Appreciation Fest.  Or she could pass the bag on to someone else with a note of Appreciation.  Or…..whatever she can dream up somehow connected with Appreciation and the sharing and savoring of it.
I believe that when we are appreciative, we are in a high consciousness, and it is a great place to be.  Its kind of another form of the old hymn sentiment "Count Your Blessings, name them one by one….."

No comments:

Post a Comment