Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lift Up Your Voice and Sing!




     Do you ever wake up with a song going through your mind?  Do you listen to it?   It's message?
It happens to me often.   Sometimes I puzzle over the why of this particular song on this particular morning.   But THIS morning, the day after we finally got a new president and a new direction for our country and maybe the world,  I was not puzzled.   
The song was  LIFT UP YOUR VOICE AND SING!
The words:  (sing them as you read them if you can)
God of our weary years, God of our silent tears
Thou who has brought us thus far on our way,
Thou who hast by thy might led us into the light
Keep us forever in the path, we pray...
     Lest our feet stray from the places, our God, where we met thee,
Lest our hearts, drunk with the wine of the world, we forget thee.
Shadowed beneath thy hand may we forever stand
True to our God, true to our native land.

Let us keep onward still, keep our resolve until
We achieve unity for all people.
Look to the rising sun, new work each day is begun
Daily we strive 'til we true freedom find.
(words: James Weldom Johnson, music: Rosamund Johnson)

The pictures I posted above seem to mirror the feeling and the words of the song.
They also express how my heart is soaring with hope like the sunrise balloon; 
how glad I am that at last we are entering a new day.
Yesterday as I joined the millions watching the Inaugural, I did feel as if I was on the mountain top, and that mountain top still glows in the rising sun.
I pledge myself to look to the rising sun, and to stay on The Way as Godde leads us into the Light of a new age.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment