Sunday, January 4, 2009

new beginnings



     












It is a new year and I am keeping a promise to myself, made last year, to write a little something each day, preferably in the morning, that will "prepare the way" for the Muse to inspire me for the writing I intend to do.   I like to take early morning walks, and find that when I do, there is always something that comes to mind to ponder and explore.   Via this blog,  I hope to share my inspirations with anyone interested in reading them. 
      I write this first entry on a cold winter day, sitting by a fire that is as bright as the sky outside is gloomy.  I am at home in our cottage on Lake Michigan,  and know that a week from today, I will be equally at home in our hilltop house in Sedona.   Here, I look over the tossing, freezing waves of the Great Lake;  there I gaze out over a sun drenched, broad valley rimmed with towering red rock formations, and an extinct volcano.   I feel great gratitude for having two place of such beauty to call home, and to inspire me for the writing life I hope to live.   
     Today I ponder the words "pilgrim" and "pilgrimage"  after hearing a number of "pilgrims" from our Unity church talk about their experiences as pilgrims to Unity Village.
     Expanding from that smaller framework, I ask myself "What would it mean to consider myself a pilgrim every day?"   I think I'll wait to answer that until tomorrow! 
      

1 comment:

  1. That was very revealing of the peace that you are seeking.
    Thank you for sharing this.

    We to are blessed to have more than one place that creates
    this sense of oneness.

    Gods blessings,

    Kathy & Rich

    ReplyDelete