Thursday, March 26, 2009

somebody has to do it!




I am so blessed!  I have this splendid place to live, good health, and wonderful trails to hike. Hey, its a tough life, but somebody has to do it!   Kidding aside, I have decided that since I have the joy of being able to go on numerous fabulous hikes, I will henceforth dedicate every hike to someone I love, who can't be here to do it with me.
So, to you who read this blog---if you would like to have a hike dedicated to you, email me (marchiene@gmail.com) and let me know!   What does it mean to have a hike dedicated to you?
It means that I let you know before I go on the hike that I am doing one for you. And while I hike, I will think of and pray for you, and take a few pictures just for you, which I will send to you attached to an email, if I have your email address.   If you are not sure I do, just send it to me.  And if I don't write anything about a certain hike in my blog,  I will surely tell you about it, when it is dedicated to you.   I always take my flute along, so if there is a song you would like me to pray for you while I am out hiking, I'd be happy to do that too.
      The pictures of our hike yesterday in the West Fork Lost Canyon area was truly magical, as if we were in an enchanted forest.  Huge stone cliffs flanked the path, looking like songs in stone. There were many budding deciduous trees as well as huge old growth red pines and Arizona cypress as well as other evergreens.  Wildflowers bloomed everywhere.  Faces appeared in rainbow colored rocks.  Tall rock formations looked like ancient guardians of the forest.  Oak Creek flowed over countless little waterfalls as it tumbled through the rocky terrain.  Big smooth ledges of red rock afforded perfect places to stop and soak in the amazing beauty around us, soak in some sun, and listen to the symphony of birdsong.  
      This hike was dedicated to dear friends who make up what we call our Dream Group.
So now there is a new meaning to the term "dedicated hiker!"   That is my intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment